Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's been a while since I've posted anything, I hope this makes up for it. A few days ago I had a great time at the AFTM sponsored Squaredance and Swap at the HOPE farmer's market. This painting was initially intended to be my swap item, but after it was finished I was reluctant to part with it so quickly. Maybe it'll get swapped next time! It is a 12"x12" Oil on Canvas portrait of two of my favorite banjo players, Mike Gangloff and Nathan Bowles, both of the Black Twig Pickers. The setting is a place made up of pieces of landscape from back home in Pennsylvania. 'Lost Up the Holler' is the name of a song from one of the Black Twigs' albums-Midnight Has Come and Gone-which is a stunner that I highly recommend everyone on earth listen to daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment